Designer Canvas: What Kind of Cross-Stitch Projects Is It Used For?
Unique designer canvases by MP Studia come in all kinds of colors and feature various ornaments, from polka dots, little stars and vignettes to snowflakes and hearts. Your choice is only limited by your cross-stitch project and your imagination. For example, there’s no point in cross-stitching large projects on a designer canvas as it will be hidden behind the stitches. This type of canvas works perfectly for smaller cross-stitch pieces.
MP Studia’s designer Aida canvases are available in counts 14 and 18 with two size options – 27x36 cm and 19x26 cm. The smaller-sized version is commonly used for small cross-stitch projects. However, experienced and practical cross-stitchers use a large-sized canvas for several projects at once!
The standard designer canvas of both sizes is Aida count 18, with 70 squares in 10 cm or 18 squares in 1 inch. Aida count 14 has 55 squares in 10 cm or 14 squares in 1 inch.
Can you wash a printed designer canvas?
The manufacturer doesn’t recommend washing this type of canvas. However, based on the observations of experienced cross-stitchers, there are some rules allowing to preserve the print:
- Wash your cross-stitch piece in lukewarm water using a little bit of liquid soap or shampoo and vinegar
- Don’t rub the cloth vigorously with your hands, just gently rub the dirty spots with your fingers.
- By no means wring out and rub the canvas.
- Dry your cross-stitch piece on a light-hued terry towel, but before doing that make sure that the towel doesn't fade
- Iron the slightly wet canvas on the back side.